Mushroom & Spinach Lasagna
So this is one of my favorite recipes to make. It's pretty easy to make but tastes like you spent hours making it. I adapted the recipe from one I found on the internet a few years back. The original recipe called for making your own marinara sauce but for the sake of space and time I just pick up a jar from Whole Foods or Trader Joes.
You Will Need:
- Food processor
- 9x9 pan
- One package of firm tofu (drained)
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- 8 oz package of vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- no boil lasagna noodles
- vegan mozzarella cheese
- One jar of marinara sauce (I love Trader Joe's Roasted Garlic)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x9 pan.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, cook the mushrooms for a few minutes until they are tender (about 5 minutes). Add the marinara to the mushrooms. Turn off heat.
- Add the tofu, spinach, vegan cream cheese, basil, nutritional yeast, garlic, and 1 teaspoon salt to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Take a few tablespoons of sauce to the bottom of the pan and spread around. Top with noodles. It's ok if they overlap or you have to break them to make them fit.
- Add half of the tofu mixture and spread evenly over then noodles.
- Add 1/3 of the sauce over the tofu mixture, spread evenly and then cover with noodles.
- On top of the noodles, add the remaining tofu mixture, spread evenly, then cover with half of the remaining sauce. Cover with more noodles.
- On top of the final noodle layer spread the rest of the sauce.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes remove lasagna and sprinkle the vegan cheese on top.
- Place back in the oven, uncovered for an additional 15 minutes.
BTW this tastes amazing the next day.