I Meditated For 30 Days. Here's What Happened:
I've meditated on and off for years. I've never been able to consistently meditate for more then a week without letting life get in the way. For January I made it my goal to meditate EVERYDAY. At least 5 minutes. This was pretty big for me because I've never been able to stick with any kind of challenge for the full time. I used Gabrielle Bernstein's guided meditation (you can find them here or on iTunes). I was also doing her May Cause Miracles book which has you sit for one minute but I wanted to do this challenge on top of that. Really supercharge it.
So it would be awesome if I suddenly was a zen master and was calm all the time but that didn't happen. Here's what did:
- I was nicer to people. I mean, there where times in traffic where I lost it but I quickly came back. I would take a few deep breathes and calm down. Usually the anger would have spiraled till I was yelling at everyone.
- I was nicer to myself. When I messed something up, or skipped a workout, I was able to forgive myself quicker.
- Things that would have thrown me into a full breakdown still upset me, but instead of being a 10 they where more like a 7 or 8. I'm also able to see when I'm starting to get unreasonable and take a step back then immediately getting mad or cranky.
- I feel more in the flow with things. I used Gabby's "Creative Abundance" meditation a lot. I felt like this past week especially I've been way more connected to things and in my flow state. Ideas are coming left and right.
- I feel more confident. Clearing out some of that mental clutter (and I still have A LOT in there) has really helped me with my confidence. I feel more in the know. It's kinda hard to explain but I feel more like a boss bitch then ever.
I'm definitely going to keep this up.
How about you? Do you have a meditation practice? Let me know in the comments!