My Favorite Vegan Keto Snacks
Let's be honest, I'm a big snacker. I just like eating. So when I transitioned to a vegan keto diet I had some major WTF am I going to eat now moments. Gone were the option of my usual snacks of Kind Bars, dried fruit, gummy candy, various protein bars, vegan baked goods.....you get the idea. I mean, non of this was healthy even for a vegan or non vegan diet.
So I did some research and found some snacks that worked for me. I did see that there are some vegan keto bars but for me, going vegan keto was more about eating more whole foods and getting away from processed foods. I wanted to break my protein/granola bar habit, not just switch it for something that was vegan keto compliant.
MY FAVORITE VEGAN KETO SNACKS
- Avocado with hot sauce! I would buy the little baby avocados from Trader Joes, cut them open and pour hot sauce all over them. So good and so filling. Side note: I feel like the amount of avocados I've been eating has been making my skin look so good.
- Seaweed Snacks - I'm a big fan of these, especially the wasabi flavor.
- Lupini Beans - Lupini beans are very high in protein and have a wide range of amino acids, as well as being high in fiber (they are really good prebiotics). I like the Brami Lupini Beans, especially the Chili Lime flavor.
- Fat Bombs - These are my go-to grab and go snack. I make a bunch of them every few days and eat one before my run or bring them with if I'm gonna be out and about. Check out my recipe for them here. Pinterest has a MILLION recipes for them as well.
- Macadamia Nuts - Dang, these taste decadent. I mean, they kinda are price-wise. Macadamia nuts are very satisfying for a nice 3pm snack.
- Peanut Butter on Celery - Does anyone else remember Ants On A Log from kindergarten? Same thing but I leave out the raisins to keep it keto and because I hate raisins.
- Smoothies - Sometimes I make some extra smoothie and carry it with me in a mason jar. I always do this when I go to a workout class or know that I'll be at the gym later in the day.
- Chia Seed Pudding - This is insanely easy to make a batch of this at the beginning of the week for an easy grab and go snack. My favorite recipe for it is
- Artisana Almond Butter and Coconut Butter Packets - This has to be one of my favorite snacks. Super portable and delicious. And yes, I buy the family size of them on Amazon.
Planning ahead and being prepared makes life so much easier IMO. Having some snacks always in my bag means I'm not trying to find something healthy and end up eating a scone in a hangry rage.