SPICY PEANUT SOBA NOODLES
I've been making these NON STOP since the warm weather arrived. They're perfect to make a day ahead of time and and serve them the next day cold. I actually think they taste better when they can marinate in the fridge overnight or at least for a few hours.
Anyways.... let's talk about SOBA NOODLES. Obsessed with them. They're gluten free (watch the label and make sure they are 100% buckwheat and don't have any regular wheat in them, some brands aren't 100% buckwheat). They have less calories, more fiber and more protein than traditional pasta so they won't spike your blood sugar. They also taste delicious.
NOTE: If you are keto or are sticking to a lower carb diet, feel free to sub out soba for some zucchini noodles or Miracle Noodles (shirataki noodles). This sauce is so good that anything works with it.
SPICY PEANUT SOBA NOODLES (Vegan/Gluten Free)
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use crunchy, no salt, no sugar)
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 Tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos (love the Trader Joe's Coconut Aminos)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup siracha
- pinch of pink salt
- 3 -5 drops of stevia or 2 teaspoons of maple syrup
- juice of one lime
Put everything in your Vitamix and blend til smooth.
For everything else:
- 1/2 package of soba noodles
- 1/2 bunch of kale (feel free to use the whole bunch if you want)
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- optional block of firm tofu, cut into inch squares and air fried (I sprayed mine with Trader Joe's Spray Coconut Oil and put it in my air fryer for 20 minutes)
- optional toppings of cilantro and peanuts
Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the box (usually 6-8 minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water. Place noodles in a large bowl.
Add in some kale (I use half a bunch, torn apart), chopped red pepper, shredded cabbage. I also like to throw in some air fried tofu. Pour peanut sauce all over and mix well. Top with some optional cilantro and peanuts.